WELCOME TO THE
ROCHESTER KNITTING GUILD
The Rochester Knitting Guild is an organization in Rochester, NY that exists to promote learning about knitting, provide a social context for knitting, and encourage the public to learn to knit!
Worldwide Knit in Public Day is Saturday, June 10. Details below.
- Lift Bridge Yarns will be knitting out in front of their shop as well as the common space along the side of their shop.
- Sew Green will outside on the sidewalk.
- The Fuzzy Bunny in Honeoye will host a Crafternoon on that day.
- Check the websites of each shop for more information.
Our 2023-2024 Season Will Start on Monday, September 11, 2024, an “in person” meeting.
Check back later this summer for information on how to join the guild or renew your membership!
We have a NEW Facebook Page. Check it out here. Like us!
As we welcome in a new year of the Rochester Knitting Guild, we also welcome in a new group of Board Members! Meet them here!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Temple B'rith Kodesh has dropped all Covid migitgation requirements. Please know if you still wish to wear a mask to in person events, there will be no judgement but it, and vaccines, are no longer a requirement.
The following dates have been finalized for the 2022-2023 term:
In person meetings are held at:
Temple B’rith Kodesh in the Social Hall, 2131 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618
We gather at 6:30 pm for socializing. Formal meeting starts at 7 pm.
- September 19th (The THIRD Monday of the month) at Temple B’rith Kodesh Welcome Back and 35 Year Anniversary Cake Celebration
- October 3rd (The FIRST Monday of the month) on Zoom Carson Demers Author of Knitting Comfortably: The Ergonomics of Handknitting
- November 14th at Temple B’rith Kodesh RKG Shop Night!!
- December 12th at Temple B’rith Kodesh Presentation by Sue Sayre
- January – 9th on Zoom Canadian Designer Sarah Schira
- February – 13th at Temple B’rith Kodesh Mini Workshops
- March – 13th at Temple B’rith Kodesh, Book Sale/Silent Book Auction & presentation on Care & Feeding of Your Stash
- April – 3rd on Zoom, guest speaker and workshop instructor Alasdair Post-Quinn, “A History in Two Layers: Double-knitting from 1800 to the present.
- May – 8th at Temple B’rith Kodesh Yarn Auction
We have a NEW Facebook page!
Bookmark and visit us on our new Facebook Fan Page!
It’s a great way to keep in touch and up to date on all the Guild Happenings!